Sunday, September 2, 2012

SCCM Admin Helper App

With works comes more projects.  Mostly ones I think up my self.  We had a delima at my organization.  How can we allow our Analyst access to utilize SCCM but not worry about training costs and compromising the integrity of the environment .

Well, I went to the drawing board.  In my brainstorms to come up with a solution that would not take up to much time.  Well what I released was a VB.Net application that utilizes the SCCM databases and HTA scripts with VBScript to run WMI operations to update collections.

The problem with the application it takes some coding skills to configuring the application to your specific environment.  I have released the project file.

I will not be making any updates to this application, as it was nice to have but I am currently in the works on making this application a PowerShell .Net Forms Application.  It will be easily configurable for different SCCM environments.  Relying on WMI data to run the app's tasks.

Application / Security Requirements

This application relies on Windows Integrated Login.
>>>  Remote DCOM Access to your Primary Sites
>>>  Read access on the primary sites' DB's advertisment view.
>>>  .Net Framework 4 Client Profile
>>>  SCCM Security Rights:
  • Collection: Read and modify membership rights. 
  • Site: Read 
You will need to configure the following in the project:

>>>  Radio buttons for each primary site.
>>>  The forms that read SQL you will need to configure the connection string in the form VB code.
>>>  In the HTA scripts you need to configure the SCCM site name, site code, and in the re-image ones the collection ID you have configured for OSD.
>>>  In the collection removal form you need to configure the values for the site's NetBIOS name and site code.

Here are some screen shoots of the working application we use in our organization.





This is used by 40 plus help desk analysts in my organization.  It has been a life savor for my partner and me.  The best part was, I added a setup package built that and then sequenced it.  Then distributed it through App-V.  Sometimes if change is needed you have to force it on people. That saved us about a 100 emails a week.

If you need any help let me know and I will try to respond as fast as I can.


Download Zip File
SCCM Admin Helper v1.0.0.1
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. If you need to direct message me use one of the many available social options on this page.